Job Title: Head of Consumer Partnerships
Location: Cannon Street, London
Opening date: 26.06.2018
Closing date: 26th July 2018
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions is our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities
Reporting to the Global Partnerships Director, you'll focus on building and owning the consumer and commercial partnerships strategy across our 12 markets. You will have a team of 3 regional leads, UK, EU and APAC reporting into you, you’ll source, negotiate, drive strategy and execution of large scale opportunities and multi-market deals.
- Create processes which will allow us to quickly scale our commercial partnerships, generating revenue for Deliveroo.
- Redefine and revamp our partnerships strategy
- Spot innovative new opportunities and develop strategies that hit our objectives. Model out opportunities, create business cases and implement new partnership concepts.
- Generate pipeline of partnerships, manage inbounds and work closely with regional leads to drive negotiation and execution.
- Stakeholder management across the business, including country GM’s, commercial function, growth marketing, consumer marketing, PR, product/tech team.
- Building and scaling consumer partnerships to drive retention and frequency of our customers; building and scaling commercial marketing partnerships to drive revenue and business value to Deliveroo.
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated and have the following skill set. Above all, being commercial, strategic and innovative.
- Experienced commercial professional
- Extensive work experience, preferably 5+ years, in a B2B commercial role
- 3 years' experience in a strategic partnerships or business development role in a tech/ corporate or start-up business
- Sharp instincts for the right opportunities. You will need to know how to navigate through the noise to find and select partners that are strategically and commercially valuable in the long term for both the partnerships team and business as a whole.
- Recent experience in leading the design, implementation and execution of an innovative project aimed at improving consumer experience.
- Experience of leading a team and driving results.
- Commercially astute. Understanding how a partnership fits in with the Deliveroo business objectives and how it is aligned with the goals of a partner is vital. Knowing how to marry the two and presenting the opportunity in an intelligent way is key.
- Strategic thinker, communicator and negotiator:
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to design strategic plans and execute on goals with high impact results;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, presentation and project management skills;
- Relentless executor, motivated and process driven:
- Exhibit ability to self-motivate;
- Driven, hard-working, and a self-starter who questions the status quo and strives for exceptional results.
- Innovative and creative
- Design new opportunities and build internal and external excitement for a new launch project.
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office. complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.