When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And we’re just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Reporting into the head of consumer partnerships, the consumer partnerships lead will be responsible for driving the consumer partnerships strategy in France, in core cities and regionally. You’ll be responsible for creating a step change in our consumer partnerships strategy and pipeline and secure best in class marketing partnerships with relevant consumer brands.
The consumer partnerships team partners with brands to drive our key marketing objectives: driving growth, new customer acquisition, incremental orders, and driving top of mind awareness and brand consideration with our target demographics. You’ll work closely with the marketing team to understand key marketing priorities and you’ll leverage insights to build the pipeline of marketing partnerships across the country. You’ll work with the central partnerships team and adapt the strategy to the France market. You have a blank canvas to create the most impactful and talked about consumer partnerships in France.
- Set Strategy - put in place an impactful partnership strategy for France, working with local France marketing team and central partnerships team to drive maximum results for France. Develop team and align with key stakeholders to make a step change in our consumer partnerships strategy in France.
- Build Pipeline - Identify partners and build a pipeline of consumer partnerships that can help us achieve our marketing objectives.
- Customer Acquisition and Order growth – Secure partnerships that can help Deliveroo acquire new customers and drive incremental order growth; build a scalable and sustainable pipeline of acquisition partnerships.
- Brand Awareness and Consideration - Secure partnerships that can help Deliveroo increase its top of mind awareness and consideration with key demographics.
- Tactical and long term partnerships - build out a calendar of partnership activity; a mix of strategic “always on” partnerships, and impactful tactical partnerships.
- Partner development: You’ll be responsible for prospecting, managing inbounds, securing briefs, pitching and delivering partnership campaigns from new and existing partners in France. Put in place processes to manage the pipeline of partners and ensure we’re maximising opportunities from partners.
- Partner Account Management: Own the relationship with external companies, understand their marketing objectives, and pro-actively pitch opportunities that align with their calendar and our marketing calendar.
- Internal collaboration: Be the voice of consumer partnerships within the France marketing org, and be the voice of the France marketing org within the central partnerships team.
- Work with internal teams to implement campaigns once signed off (commercial, legal, finance, operations, marketing).
- Build campaigns that get amplified across marketing channels; understand the priorities of the local and central marketing teams and ensure placement of partnerships within FR marketing mix (CRM, performance marketing, etc.).
- Innovate & develop new Propositions: Work out new and interesting ways to offer marketing solutions to partners that will help secure partner investment. Come up with innovative and new partnership campaigns. Iterate propositions based on feedback from partners and Deliveroo marketing objectives.
- Stakeholder Management: Create positive relationships with stakeholders (internal / external) and deliver on agreed objectives.
- Post Campaign Analysis: You measure the impact of the campaigns you set up and document results. Based on analysis and learnings you try to replicate successful models.
- Knowledge Share: Share best practices/ learnings with the central partnerships team. Share your knowledge / network to optimize international results. Document everything, summarise learnings and help replicate successful models across international markets.
The role requires experience leading consumer partnerships in France. A track record in securing impactful brand partnerships, strong business development skills.
- Significant experience in sourcing and executing meaningful consumer partnerships in France
- Track record of securing and executing successful campaigns, partner management and business development
- Experience in working in a fast paced and dynamic high-growth company, or agency
- Relationships with agencies and top brands in France; finger on the pulse
- Process driven, highly organised and able to manage multiple campaigns and priorities
- Experience running cross channel large scale campaigns; understanding of marketing channels, and ability to create partnership campaigns that hit marketing objectives
- Relentless executor, motivated and process driven: exhibit ability to self motivate, put in place processes that don’t exist, challenge the status quo
- Results driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about food and restaurants
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and go-getter
- Proven track record in hitting revenue targets / exceeding revenue targets
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Fluent in French and English
- Based in Paris, ability to travel to UK
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.