The primary role of the Workplace Manager is to be responsible for all sites in Belgium. Based in Brussels you’ll facilitate the smooth running of our offices. You will ensure that everyone has everything they need to carry out their work and overall, driving the company culture through a great work environment.
You should be experienced in wearing multiple hats, and handling a range of administrative and office support tasks.
- Being the highly visible face of our Brussels HQ. This is your space to own, to implement service improvements and to keep it fun, engaging and on brand
- First point of contact for all queries and problems. You make things your problem and look
- to find a resolution quickly
- Keeping the meeting rooms in top notch condition; proactively ensuring that problems are identified and fixed with our workplace, IT & AV teams
- Giving a friendly and professional welcome to all of our guests and employees from around the world and ensuring we’re offering a big, friendly ‘Deliveroo’ welcome the moment people enter the office
- Vendor & Budget Management - We work with a great group of suppliers and like to make sure they’re paid on time and we’re getting best value from the contract. Liaising and managing contractors undertaking works for Deliveroo spaces in Belgium, ensuring all works are undertaken safely
- Managing the efficiency of the desk and meeting space ensuring all spaces are utilised effectively including desk moves and alterations to the use of space
- Onboarding; We want everyone to have a great first day experience and you will work with the recruitment, people and IT teams to ensure new hires have the correct IT equipment, know where they’re sitting, where to get an access badge and more importantly how to use our funky coffee machines.
- Offboarding; ensuring that we are collecting all equipment, access badges etc
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing - We really care about our staff and take a proactive approach to risk management. You will make sure that all staff and managers are aware of their responsibilities, the offices and sites are safe and we’re meeting all local statutory regulations
- We have a fantastic space and love to show it off. We host a number of internal and external events that need to run smoothly. Working with the hosts to ensure we’ve covered H&S, security, cleaning, F&B and all of those other things that are often forgotten
- We partner with a number of exciting restaurants and suppliers who want to showcase their product. Working with the relevant teams to bring this into the office; organising pop up bars, restaurants and showcasing fun new products
- You’ll be part of a global workplace family and you will be involved in projects and innovation driven by London HQ
- Managing our BIG Friday lunches - a Deliveroo tradition!
- Always approachable and able to manage multiple stakeholders at all levels
- You are self driven, with good self management and a can-do-attitude
- Ability to execute, high degree of organisation, high attention to detail
- Manage large workloads by multi-tasking and utilising superior organisational & prioritisation skills
- Flexible approach and the desire to constantly improve and innovate to deliver a world class service
- Positive attitude and willing to get stuck in and own it!
Our aim by the end of 2019 is to have much more alignment and consistency across our global portfolio.
What does this mean?
We want to make it very clear that no matter whether the office is in a traditional or serviced space whether there are 500 staff or 50 that we’re offering similar services, the same high level of support and we’re consistently going above and beyond expectations. This isn’t just about making sure there is coffee or arranging a plumber to unblock the toilets this is about our attitude of ‘customers first’ and doing everything we need behind the scenes to keep operations running smoothly and playing our part in making Deliveroo an awesome place to work. We don’t add friction or make things difficult we’re the team people go to to get stuff done!
What does this mean for you?
Depending on your location and office it will be different for each person. Whilst we want to be a global team with global standards, we also want each and every office to have a very local flavour. There might be small tweaks to your role and responsibilities which is to be expected as we grow and change and this is, we hope you agree, exciting and why you choose to work here. We’re really focused on making this happen and want to make sure you have all the support you need and you’re empowered to deliver our vision.
Life at Deliveroo
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.