Job Title: Senior Product Manager - Payouts Experience
Product at Deliveroo
Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, and involves many facets. We’re a consumer-facing brand, with websites and mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. We’re a logistics company, directing a fleet of riders around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. We’re a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers and thus maximize the revenue of their existing business. And we’re a home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
Product managers at Deliveroo operate with a strong degree of strategic autonomy. You’ll partner closely with peers across engineering, data science, product design and content design to identify needs-driven solutions to high-value problems.
For this role, you will drive vision and strategy for building payout systems at scale and use this to power the best possible payout experiences for Deliveroo’s restaurants. You will acquire a deep understanding of the payment-related needs of Deliveroo’s restaurant partners from the frequency with which they’d like to receive payments, to how they navigate information on their earnings, to how we can help them achieve their financial goals.
You will work closely with our engineering team in Edinburgh, as well as key members of Deliveroo’s product leadership to define and realise a collective vision.
- Drive improvements to the payout experiences for Deliveroo’s restaurants and riders, striving to help restaurants grow their businesses, and riders achieve their financial goals.
- Work closely with the engineering team to plan, steer, and execute key initiatives.
- Drive a culture of payment automation and exposure reduction.
- Own key metrics including rider and restaurant satisfaction, profitability and other key items.
- You have experience in product management, partnering with engineers and product designers, overseeing a dedicated team and leading product prioritization, the roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality.
- You’re curious, empathetic, and have a strong desire to continually improve.
- You can apply an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, and well-honed judgment to ensure you’re focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work and the biggest impact on Deliveroo.
- You possess an evangelist’s touch for inspiring an organization with your product vision, instituting passion and excitement for your work. You have the confidence to make the right decision, backed by data and your intuition, even when it might be difficult.
- You clearly articulate and drive your product vision with senior stakeholders, up to and including the executive team.
- You understand how to run A/B and multivariate tests, using customer data to drive decision-making, and are willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis.
- You'll use your considerable analytical & technical skills to ensure your decisions are well-founded
- You have the confidence to offer well-formed guidance coupled with the humility to listen to others.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.