When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Operations department. This team is responsible for ensuring a seamless delivery service is provided from start to finish. With an in-depth understanding of the bigger picture, you will have the responsibility of ensuring that the rider experience is optimal, consistent and satisfactory.
Whether it is by arranging an entertainment event, tracking the level of satisfaction of our fleet or building partnerships across different verticals, your North star will have to be ensuring incremental improvement in the way our riders interact with us and among themselves, with the ultimate goal of creating a strong community of Deliveroo riders.
- Create processes/tools to monitor fleet sentiment/feedback and take improvement oriented actions
- Continually analyse and improve processes (rider events management, rider partnerships set up, fleet communication, general Deliveroo fleet support & engagement procedures) to ensure strong alignment with an ever expanding riders fleet.
- Create new initiatives to foster our rider community and improve rider satisfaction
- Plan and manage quarterly rider events (previous events have included cinema trips and bowling)
- Oversee the management of our rider microsite and social media channels
- Managing one direct reporting line
- Replicate UAE fleet engagement policies for the KW market and ensuring equally strong execution of the actions off the back of those policies
- STEM degree from a good university
- Min. 1-2 years of work experience
- Experience of working with complex teams and people from a variety of backgrounds / nationalities.
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to execute plans with speed and efficiency.
- Driven and confident personality, who can keep a cool head in a crisis and approach problems creatively.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Hindi & Arabic languages are also a bonus.
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint, or Google equivalents, and a keen eye for data. Previous experience with analytics tools (Tableau, Looker or equivalent) a bonus
- Availability for occasional business trips across the GCC (in Kuwait, at the minimum)
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.
- Annual return flight ticket to your home country
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Equity and Diversity
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.