When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Our Customer Care team is directly responsible for the on-time delivery of food from Dubai’s finest restaurants to thousands of homes and offices across the city. The team’s job is to ensure customers are dealt with in a proactive manner and also ensure they fix recurring problems, all with a smile on our face. This is where you come in! We’re looking for an awesome individual who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and who isn’t afraid of some hard work.
We require an excellent Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing Customer Care department. You have to be very analytical, with the ability to confidently bring issues and solutions forward to the Supervisors and Manager in the team. You need to have a fun personality, make the team laugh, all whilst setting a great example and maintaining a professional working relationship.
You will ensure that customers are receiving a quality level of service based on our response to any query they may have. Whilst working with the Customer Care Manager and Supervisors, you must also be comfortable working independently in a rapidly changing environment. As an individual, you must love Customer Service and be passionate to convey the Deliveroo brand to our Restaurants, Riders and of course our Customers.
- Support the UAE Customer Care team by analysing all call, chat and email transcripts
- Reviewing customer survey feedback and identifying specific agent coaching opportunities
- Provide feedback & coaching directly to Customer Care Supervisors, Shift Leaders and the Manager and work with them directly to improve agent comms
- Co-ordinate and chair regular Quality Assurance calibration sessions with Customer Care Supervisors and Shift Leaders
- Drive continuous improvement through identifying process inadequacies
- Produce reports and complete weekly and monthly analysis of agent performance in UAE, along with suggested actions for Supervisors
- Be innovate with customer support processes in order to deliver a unique experience for our customers and internal employees
- Must be fluent in both written and verbal English and Arabic
- Previous QA experience is a necessity
- 2-5 years specifically in Customer Care preferably at team/shift leader level or above
- Customer Service systems knowledge is a plus (Zendesk, Zopim, Aswat..)
- Proven ability to work in a very dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial organisation with little supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Proven ability to achieve numerous goals in a timely manner, exercising good judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust to different ways of learning
- Hold a university degree (or have relevant life experience!)
- A sense of humour
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Culture and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.