When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a part of this team, you will be launching and managing Deliveroo’s Own Virtual Brands with our restaurant partners. We’re one vertical of the New Business Org at Deliveroo, and we aspire to launch our food brands across the platform, in all markets. You will be the primary point of contact for our restaurant partners. You will be responsible for launching Virtual Brands with these partners, by:
- Executing restaurant visits, determining whether restaurant partners are prepared to roll out Virtual Brands.
- Leading training days at restaurants, illustrating procedures and materials.
- Supporting Virtual Brand launch day, providing feedback and verifying that a partner is off on the right foot.
4. Conducting post-launch follow ups with feedback addressing any remaining issues / deliverables.
5. Managing further processes and communications like marketing offers, quality audits and support on any issues.
- Food Service Management: 3+ years in management or franchisee experience. Comfortable with preparation of recipe and menu items. Able to train our restaurant partners staff on menu execution.
- Project Management: Exceptional project management skills that allow you to collaborate across multiple functions, through removing barriers and bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity and resourcefulness. Use these skills to drive results from team members around you. Confident holding meetings and giving constructive feedback.
- Problem Solve: Become an expert in Deliveroo coupled with the ability to break down problems into manageable pieces to drive results. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call, rapid high-quality decision, as well as understanding the dynamics, interdependencies and implications of these decisions.
- Strategic & Customer Focus: Able to ‘think outside the box’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ and come up with new innovative ideas that allow us to build a service that is right for the customer in a specific area.
- Grit: Loves ‘getting stuff done’ and reiterating to drive continuous improvement. Be comfortable with change, ambiguity and autonomy. No job is ever done and you drive your performance.
- Humble Team Player: You’re a team player that is able to get the best out of the people around you. Work with multiple stakeholders to get the results as fast as possible. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent analytical, numerical and excel skills
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around