When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As the Growth Associate /Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to own and lead initiatives that is focused on raising the bar on how we deliver rider growth. You will own the delivery and execution of our rider growth strategy - from understanding who our riders are and use this knowledge to maximise our rider satisfaction and retention. We are looking for a true go-getter, who is able to meet expectations and results required of the role.
Team Outputs: The rider growth team, will be responsible for delivering on the following outputs:
- Understanding who our riders are and what they care about; what are their pain points and what delights them
- Developing a process of collecting rider feedback, understanding drivers of delight and dissatisfaction and identifying improvements which can be scaled globally
- Understand the rider behaviours that drive efficiency in our fleet and overall delivery performance
- Defining and executing our rider acquisition and CRM strategy
- Defining our rider value proposition and then ensuring we are delivering against this
- Defining our rider engagement and content strategy including managing the channels through which we communicate to riders
- Supporting the budgeting plan creation and manage spend on rider marketing / CRM initiatives
- Deep dive into data to uncover key business insights and opportunities for improvement
- Strategic Thinking: be able to develop strategy and plans for rider acquisition and get the buy-in from partner teams on executing against this vision
- Team player: we are looking for a strong individual who can work collaboratively and prioritize work in a fast moving and ambiguous environment. You will be able to support the team where needed
- Cross-Functional Stakeholder Management: You will need excellent collaboration and communication skills - building deep, trust based relationships with local markets and global teams across several functions.
- Project management: You will need to coordinate and lead projects cross-functionally and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deep-dive to drive insights: Experience with quantitative data analysis and identifying actionable insights
- Experience from top-tier consultancy or tech firm with growth marketing experience
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint/Google Slides
- SQL and analytics experience is a requirement
- Marketing & Advertising Internet Financial Services
- Marketing Sales
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.