When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading the Restaurant Support Team in France, ensuring their efficiency and effectiveness in achieving the overall business objectives.
As Customer Service Manager, you will report to the Commercial Director and create a supportive working environment for team members to work without duress and bring their best to the table to achieve maximum results through ongoing development and support.
- Manage and coordinate remotely our outsourced Partner Service Team (handles all restaurant enquiries that are not to do with live orders)
- Liaise regularly with the vendor’s Team Leaders to manage and consistently try to optimise performance at the best level
- Work on root cause problem solving to improve processes and has a good understanding what is happening within the team
- Manage direct reports with development, analysis and implementation of process and procedure, hiring, training, performance measurement.
- Engage stakeholders in the Central Teams to keep abreast of updates to technology and policy which will impact the Restaurant Support teams.
- Engage local business units to give feedback to improve processes
The skills, duties and other attributes required to excel as Customer Service Manager include the following:
- Proven experience managing teams and / or a vendor (2 years) ;
- Showcase good leadership & communication skills to motivate and engage team members to achieve results;
- Fluent in French and English
- Good communication skills - can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably
- Good command skills - willing to take unpopular stands if necessary
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and be proactive
- Ability to source and interpret data to identify trends and develop and improve process, procedure and individual performance;
- A Master's degree with at least 2 years of experience is preferred.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
- Marketing and Advertising
- Information Technology and Services
- Customer Service (Commercial Department)