DFB Regional Head, APAC
Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of prestigious firms and startups. We tailor specifically to these companies through our corporate business unit, Deliveroo for Business (“DFB”).
The DFB Regional Head is in charge of our entire corporate business unit in our Asia-Pacific region and will lead the country Heads of DFB, setting out sales, account management, marketing, and operations strategies to win new business and optimise existing accounts.
This person will be based in Hong Kong and report directly into the Global Head of Deliveroo for Business, liaising with the local management teams in order to achieve targets.
The role includes:
- Regional market team guidance and advocacy
- KPI performance management, staff hiring, and execution support for each country Head of DFB in the region
- Regional implementation & adaptation of global sales & account management strategies
- Ownership of the regional DFB P&L
- Partner with London HQ teams to problem solve product issues and influence future processes and product improvements
- Liaising with the operations and customer service team to streamline orders and procedures for existing clients
- Report back to the local and global management teams regarding progress in the region
- Liaising with the Global Head of Deliveroo for Business to prioritize needed product features based on Account Manager / Corporate Customer feedback
- Liaise with the HQ B2B marketing team to execute on regional marketing initiatives and budget management
- Travel to London HQ and participate in off-sites with the DFB management team to share best-practices
The ideal candidate has a natural commercial attitude, understands the corporate world, and is highly customer-focused. This person also requires the following attributes:
- +7 years experience in a B2B commercial role, preferably managing a sales & account management team
- Track records of achieving and surpassing aggressive sales targets
- Natural leader, that can not only build, but also mentor a team
- Driven, hard-working, and a self-starter
- Highly analytical and experienced in stakeholder management
- Has experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Is passionate about food and restaurants
- Desire to progress within a fast paced start-up environment
- Preferably someone with startup experience
- Attractive package based on seniority and experience
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Lots of great food!
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 14 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.