When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Sales Marketing to help define, evolve, and scale the acquisition of SMB restaurants. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, deeply analytical, and comfortable switching from campaign execution to cross-functional collaboration several times daily. They will have strong business acumen, an understanding of user behavior, and a passion for building processes from scratch. This is a unique opportunity to start as an individual contributor, learn our business, and build a best in class B2B marketing organization from the ground up.
What You'll Do
- Create and execute innovative, integrated marketing programs and campaigns to generate inbound leads
- Develop a deep understanding of our product lines, our restaurant audience, and their buyer’s journey
- Analyze and utilize various data sources to explain drivers of business performance to inform both tactical and strategic marketing decisions
- Drive demand generation for our merchant audience by developing a cohesive strategy that matches our various value propositions
- Work with our design and insights teams to create engaging, high performing email layouts and digital content
- Help build Deliveroo into a thought leader in the restaurant and logistics space by publishing white papers and supporting the creation of a partner community
- Iterate on existing paid and organic acquisition channels to minimize acquisition cost while testing into new ones
- Write effective business proposals and copy for our product and sales teams to ensure campaigns are effective and can be delivered across multiple channels and supported across multiple teams
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Analytical and Forward Thinker — You are passionate about solving difficult business problems and telling the story behind the numbers
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- 7+ years of strategic marketing experience
- 3+ years in B2B Marketing
- Successful history in developing and executing demand generation and pipeline-building marketing programs, including email, digital, direct mail, content strategy and more
- Deep understanding of pipeline analytics and management
- Ability to work in a cross-functional role and influence the direction and focus of projects outside of your immediate reporting structure
- Experience acting as a liaison between Sales and Marketing teams
- Strong written and visual communicator
Nice to have
- Salesforce experience
- High-growth and startup experience
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.