When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a Workplace Assistant to join our Real Estate and Workplace team based in our Melbourne Head office. The primary role of the Workplace Assistant is carrying out workplace facilities tasks, finance and administrative duties.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support our 4 offices across Australia.
- Manage the helpdesk, facilities and account mailbox.
- Vendor and Budget Management including sourcing, invoicing, planning, and maintaining good relationships with vendors.
- Maintain and upkeep the office, kitchen, washrooms and utility in a presentable condition.
- Assist compliance with local and corporate health and safety standards and industry codes, including carry out monthly audit inspections.
- Manage office relocations, setup of new offices and reinstatement
- Manage space planning which includes updating of floor plans and seating plans
- Assist with the onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Security, HR and IT to ensure office needs are met
- Collaborate with People team to plan, manage and execute events
- Ownership of the accounts payable function of the Australian business; liaising with suppliers, raising PO’s and following up on payments with our London finance team.
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements and review spend across the business.
- Schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiating corrective actions to achieve financial objectives.
- Preparation of presentations, budgets, excel spreadsheets and minutes to support the team.
- Assist with general management admin duties as required
- You have 1 -3 years of working experience in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent social skills and an ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Excellent verbal, written communication and social skills, proficiency in English
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- A willing to challenge the status quo and implement process changes to support an ever growing organisation
- Proficient in Office Suite and Google Applications, Excel and Powerpoint skills should be at an intermediate level
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid to take on any task, no matter the size and execute efficiently
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas, thinking of innovative ways to make Deliveroo Australia the best place to work
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to excite and motivate the team members around you while they enjoy the amazing facilities and activities we have on offer.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.