When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
You will be leading Deliveroo’s Business Development and Account Management teams, tasked with signing up the best restaurants and chains in France, and managing a portfolio of over 10,000 restaurant partners. You will be joining one of the fastest growing company globally, surrounded by a top-notch team of enthusiastic self-starters that are passionate about delivering a fantastic service and contributing to the exciting journey that Deliveroo is on.
This role requires a strong sales acumen and a strategic thinker. It will also require the person to be able to lead, develop, mentor and coach a large team. Ultimately, this person is responsible for maintaining and expanding our market leadership and solidify our restaurant relationships.
More specifically, you will:
- Facilitate and lead meetings with high profile F&B groups for new business, renegotiations or relationship management.
- Own relationships with key restaurant industry stakeholders.
- Lead all commercial negotiations to ensure that we make robust and appropriately risk-assessed deals with key Accounts.
- Develop and implement the commercial strategies with the central team in HQ, including pricing, according to the global company goals and adapt it to the French market.
- Excellent financial acumen including planning, cost control, managing budgets and creating deals.
- Manage and coach a team of 80 Sales, Account Managers and Managers.
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (Marketing, Customer Service, Operations, Finance, People etc.) in a matricial environment.
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Define objectives and monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics.
- Enforce the quality of the services, the profitability of the operations and the development of the client portfolio.
- Be proactive on new ideas and have a great sense of initiative.
- Set up financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Make sure you build the right reporting to the GM and the Global Sales Team
- Represent Deliveroo in events.
- Build up Deliveroo’s image and reputation as an established and valued leader of the French F&B industry.
- At least 10+ experience including 5+ years of sales leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of marketplace businesses/ experience in a high-growth business environment or start-up.
- Entrepreneurship way of thinking and way of working.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to pivot quickly from long-term strategic thinking to immediate action tactical response.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills including the ability to influence stakeholders to adopt new tools and processes.
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgement through analytical thinking.
- Strong sales skills and track record of business development success.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong knowledge of the F&B or restaurant industry is a plus.
- History of exceeding revenue targets.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.