When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The role of the Ops Development team is to build a team of experts, experts on everything from how to strengthen our rider brand to how to set rider fee rates for Taiwan.
You will be positioned within the newly created Lifecycle and Proposition team - ensuring that the rider experience on our platform is best-in-class and driving initiatives to build and maintain a winning proposition in Taiwan!
• Strategy & approach: Help develop the strategy/approach for Lifecycle and Proposition.
You would be responsible for answering questions like:
• What do riders want and how can we give it to them?
• What should our rider proposition be in each market?
• What technology / product improvements should we be focusing on to improve the rider experience?
• How do we ensure that our rider brand is positioned to riders at all touchpoints?
• Working with UK cross-functional teams (incl. Legal, comms, product, marketing) to co-create tailored solutions in Taiwan
• Be a critical business point-of contact for new market entry and rider operating model construction
• Act as the knowledge expert for rider lifecycle for the whole organisation in Taiwan
• Use data to drive business decision on a daily basis
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience
• Quantitative degree and/or experience in top tier consulting / banking
• Operational knowledge of the business and how it works today a big plus
• Excel wizard
• Logical, structured and data-driven - is able to use logic and data to prioritise and drive change
• Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
• Strategic, yet pragmatic - is able to ‘think big’, yet also pragmatically to ensure changes are ambitious but achievable
• Inquisitive and creative - is infectiously curious and both willing and able to innovate away from the status-quo.
• Project Management - can manage multiple projects in a logical, structured and disciplined way
• Creative problem-solver and fixer. Is able to remove barriers and bottlenecks through collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness
• Proficient in Python, SQL, HTML and CSS or any data visualisation experience
• Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
• Open, respectful and fun company culture
• BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
• Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
• Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.