Operations Engagement Lead
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Operations Engagement Lead will drive and innovate the Deliveroo Rider engagement strategy, which aims to consistently deliver a market leading rider experience. Through direct engagement, partnerships and campaigns for riders this role will provide learnings and feedback to the Operations Support and Engagement Manager and other relevant stakeholders to drive future improvement initiatives. Their objective is to enhance the Deliveroo Rider experience and make sure we are living by the Deliveroo rider principles.
You will have the unique opportunity to travel across all of Australia’s major cities to continue to build Deliveroo’s connection with riders. As riders are the heart of our operations, this role will also collaborate across all operations functions to improve all levels of interaction with riders.
- Working with the Operations Support + Engagement Manager to execute and innovate the Australian Rider Engagement Strategy
- Local/Market-level partnership acquisition
- Restaurant perks/partnerships for riders
- Rider Roundtables and Focus groups
- Event effectiveness tracking + reporting
- Pitching and project managing national and market-level rider campaigns
- Developing and pitching quantitative business cases from rider feedback and evidence to improve the rider experience in Australia
- Leading and Supporting Operations Engagement Representatives in day-to-day tasks
- The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment.
- Experience in customer engagement and/or event planning
- Outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish rapport and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Conflict management skills that mitigate situations of high stress or misunderstandings. This should be supported by impeccable listening skills and emotional intelligence.
- Creative thinker and able to look beyond the obvious to opportunities to derive benefit from our riders and improve their experience.
- Sound stakeholder management skills and able to work well with a variety skill sets to get stuff done
- Experienced project manager and knows how to execute multiple projects in a effective way
- A must-have passion for food, travel and making new connections!
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Resilience - you have the ability to bounce back and adjust when things get tough
- Active Listener - you truly engage with feedback you receive and ensure that everyone’s experience is heard and considered.
- Creative thinker - you are able to think outside the box and bring forward innovative ideas
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to win round even the toughest of people
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Training throughout your time at Deliveroo to ensure continued development and management of your role
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.