When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking for a self-driven, highly analytical person who enjoys problem-solving and is comfortable working on concurrent projects. You will be involved in identifying big bets to own and execute in order to add value to our existing business and help the Australian market win. We believe that strategy equals execution, so coming up with the right plan is only part of the process. This is the ideal role for someone looking to take their analytical skills into strategy and execution. It is also a rare opportunity to gain a valuable understanding of all the moving parts within a successful high-growth start-up.
In this role, you will work closely with the Business Strategy Manager to look after the medium-to-long term projects and challenge the way we do things, driving innovation forward. Responsibilities include:
- Working on the planning of different elements of the business strategy. This will include quarterly and annual planning
- Owning end-to-end projects from design all the way through to implementation
- Driving both the qualitative and quantitative analysis to help design and execute the right strategies for initiatives
- Participating in the constant optimisation of our activity by submitting hypotheses based on analyses undertaken
- Cross-department project management based work
- Supporting with the quarterly and annual reforecasting / budgeting process
- Motivating the teams and employees to achieve business objectives
- Producing analytical types of reports for management review
This is a unique opportunity in an ever changing business environment!
- Ideally 1-2 years in consulting, banking, or strategy-related function
- Financial statement and relationship management experience
- Can demonstrate strong analytical achievements and confidence with numbers
- Solid excel and powerpoint skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence local market stakeholders
- Ability to work quickly in tight deadlines
- Self-driven with a can-do attitude
- Analytical power, tact along with humility and patience
- A passion for food