When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a Restaurant Onboarding Assistant, you’ll be responsible for getting our new restaurants set up with our service. Once a restaurant has agreed to partner with us, you’ll own the relationship until they’re live and ready to be passed on to our Account Management team. This will include retrieving onboarding details, uploading them to our systems, helping them to get set up and handling any issues they have around launch.
This role is a great opportunity to experience the operations of high growth startup, playing a key part of our new business processes. You’ll work cross-functionally with our Sales, Production and Account Management team to ensure our new restaurants can seamlessly transition into their partnership with Deliveroo.
As you’ll be one of the restaurant’s first interactions as a Deliveroo partner, it’s imperative the candidate for this role is highly organised and has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Coordinate the restaurant onboarding process for your territory:
· Retrieving onboarding details
· Advising on and managing menu uploads alongside our Menus team.
· Act as the liaison between restaurant and photography team, scheduling shoots and ensuring both parties are satisfied
· Ensure restaurants are fully comfortable with our processes and systems so that they can make the most of their new partnership
· Managing the launch of restaurants, keeping the restaurant engaged and tackling any issues they might have, until they are ready to be handed to our AM team
· Provide excellent restaurant support throughout the onboarding process
· Work with the Production team to refine and hone our processes
· Go and above and beyond to ensure restaurants feel valued as a partner
· A highly organised and detail orientated mindset
· 1-2 years’ experience in Account Management, Operations or Customer Service
· Able to effectively communicate to a wide range of people via telephone or email
· The ability to quickly adapt to new environment and systems so you can hit the ground running
· Ability to think critically and the confidence to act on your ideas
· Experience with Salesforce is a bonus
· Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
· Open, respectful and fun company culture
· BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
· Weekly Exercise class to counteract all the amazing food!
· Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
· Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgment when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.