Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 13 countries and over 500 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
The General Manager is ultimately responsible for the full management of the country of Ireland’s business. They are directly accountable for the Operations, Sales, Marketing and Account Management functions based out of the office in Dublin.
The General Manager is responsible for both the growth and profitability of the market as the sole owner of the business’ P&L. This role reports into the UK&I Managing Director and will be a part of the UK&I’s leadership team, helping define and shape the strategic decisions that will drive the business forward. This position is uniquely placed to both being incredibly hands-on in growing your own business while also understanding the inner-workings of the one the most successful startups in European history.
- End-to-end ownership of the P&L and define the strategy that moves the needle to hit growth and profitability goals
- Engage and motivate the team based in Dublin to deliver and get stuck in where necessary to solve problems and find innovative solutions
- Push the Irish agenda with different functions and use powerful relationship building skills to influence decision making in HQ
- Be the face of the Deliveroo Ireland business to the public, press and government and represent the company at speaking events
- Be heavily involved in high level negotiations with restaurant partners, partnership opportunities and vendors
- Lead initiatives related to any additional revenue generating channels, thinking outside the box to take advantage of Deliveroo’s unique position in the market
- 6+ years experience in a similar role
- Significant experience in the restaurant/food Industry, launching new restaurant brands or experience in hospitality consultancy or in restaurant ownership - ideal, not required.
- Meaningful & successful management experience (ideally 5 years + of managerial experience with proven track-record).
- Strong track-record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills, able to juggle with multiple tasks and deadline
- Flexible to travel from time to time
- Confident to operate in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment and handle multiple priorities
- Can do attitude and strong appetite for challenge
- Have a real impact on the Company's growth and evolution
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Work with people who love what they do everyday
- BIG Friday lunches - Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Deliveroo PLUS – never pay the delivery fee when you order food!
- Mobility laterally or upwards within the company – show us you love what you do and are good at it, and we’ll notice.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.