Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 13 countries and over 500 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
We are looking for a Human Resources Trainee.
This is a rare opportunity to become a founding and critical member of a rapidly growing, well-funded startup.
You’ll join the local People Team, based in Madrid, and you’ll have a specific focus on HR Administration and Payroll tasks. You’ll also be exposed to all other HR processes – being the position a real opportunity to growth and learn – but your focus will sit on Admin & Payroll areas.
Reporting to the Head of People, you will:
- Take ownership of Personnel Administration tasks covering the entire employees’ lifecycle – from hiring procedures to on-boarding and managing all employees’ events with an admin impact
- Support employees when they raise questions or needs in the admin and payroll areas
- Process reports with regards to employees’ headcount
- Supervise payroll activities - to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
We offer a full time fixed-term contract (contrato en practicas) for initial period of 6 months
- Minimum 6 months of experience doing HR Admin tasks.
- You have gained a previous experience in the personnel administration and payroll areas
- You are comfortable when dealing with payroll and taxation processes and duties, as well as dealing with personnel administration tasks
- You have some knowledge of Spanish Labour Code
- A good level of English is required as you’ll also liaise with the central People team based in London
- Previous experience with Workday or other HRIS is a significant plus
- Become part of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Gym allowance to counteract all the amazing food!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.