Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We are looking to hire a Restaurant Operations Associate who will be responsible for maintaining the smooth day to day running of the Editions site, made up of five to ten delivery only kitchens.
You may have worked as a team member in a cool restaurant or have set up and organised events or food festivals on the operations side. Ideally you will have multi-site experience in a fast-paced environment and have implemented and set up procedures. We are eager to meet anyone who has worked in a high intensity operational environment and looking for a new challenge with one of the region’s fastest growing start-ups.
This position will report to the Site Operations Manager.
- Monitor and dispatch customer orders in line with Deliveroo operational guidelines
- Liaise with our rider ops team to ensure daily adequate supply, and report to them any rider related issues
- Ensure site is maintained in optimal condition in line with Deliveroo guidelines
- Daily reporting to Head of Special Projects on site performance, issues, bottlenecks and any other operational matters.
- Identify causes of daily operational issues as well as symptoms, diagnose and cure
- If something goes wrong, you will have the problem-solving skills to solve it calmly, quickly and efficiently
- Work with many different stakeholders in the business to improve processes
- Ensure restaurant partners are adhering to the site standards and requirements (hygiene, security, check-in/out, stock checks and rotation)
- Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
- Experience in restaurant operations from an FMCG background or delivery company, perhaps even from the events world
- Experience with processing large volumes of information and problems at the same time
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Not afraid to muck in and get your hands dirty
- Experience working for a start-up business
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.