When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
We are looking to hire a Restaurant Operations Associate who will be responsible for maintaining the smooth day to day running of the Editions site, made up of five to ten delivery only kitchens.
You may have worked as a team member in a cool restaurant or have set up and organised events or food festivals on the operations side. Ideally you will have multi-site experience in a fast-paced environment and have implemented and set up procedures. We are eager to meet anyone who has worked in a high intensity operational environment and looking for a new challenge with one of the region’s fastest growing start-ups.
This position will report to the Site Operations Manager.
- Monitor and dispatch customer orders in line with Deliveroo operational guidelines
- Liaise with our rider ops team to ensure daily adequate supply, and report to them any rider related issues
- Ensure site is maintained in optimal condition in line with Deliveroo guidelines
- Daily reporting to Head of Special Projects on site performance, issues, bottlenecks and any other operational matters.
- Identify causes of daily operational issues as well as symptoms, diagnose and cure
- If something goes wrong, you will have the problem-solving skills to solve it calmly, quickly and efficiently
- Work with many different stakeholders in the business to improve processes
- Ensure restaurant partners are adhering to the site standards and requirements (hygiene, security, check-in/out, stock checks and rotation)
- Monitoring, reporting and improvement of operational performance of our Partners
- Experience in restaurant operations from an FMCG background or delivery company, perhaps even from the events world
- Experience with processing large volumes of information and problems at the same time
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Not afraid to muck in and get your hands dirty
- Experience working for a start-up business
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.