Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Thursday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
We’re looking for a great Customer Care Supervisor to join our growing Customer Care department.
You have to be very proactive in this role with the ability to solve problems on the spot and think outside the box - ludicrous ideas welcome! You need to have a fun personality, make the team laugh, all whilst setting a great example and maintaining a professional working relationship.
- Monitoring the customer experience from order placement through to delivery completion. In this role, you must be operational as well as experienced in customer service to succeed.
- Proactively liaising with riders / restaurants to ensure orders run smoothly. Providing feedback to the rest of the Operations Team to ensure that all issues are resolved quickly.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints and queries – particularly those of an escalated nature
- Ensure constant clear communication within the Customer Care team to uphold complete transparency with new processes, issues, general updates etc.
- Supervising a large team of customer service representatives. This also includes motivating them and keep spirits high to ensure targets are met.
- Continuous performance management of all direct line reports - Giving regular input on their performance and helping with training as required, including performance reviews, disciplinaries etc.
- Continuously monitor the metrics of the team - % of late orders, average delivery time and speed of response / efficiency in dealing with customer enquiries.
- Regular comprehensive reporting on all key metrics in UAE
- Identifying issues with processes or gaps in data and tackling it. This then needs to be clearly communicated to your manager - along with a tangible solution.
- Take ownership of any tasks set and ensure all deadlines are met by being super organised!
- Reviewing the current customer service operation and working with the Customer Service manager to set up new processes to streamline and improve the customer experience.
- Develop strong lines of communication with other teams to aid when issues arise that do not solely sit within Customer Service
- Leading the team in the absence of the Customer Service Manager - this will include reporting to Head of Operations, attending team meetings, firmwide meetings, international CS meetings and more
- At least 1 year's experience as a supervisor/team leader in an inbound call centre
- Hold a university degree (or have relevant life experience!)
- Fluent in English (the more languages the better!)
- The ability to influence, motivate and manage people in both good and bad situations
- Ability to pick up new IT systems quickly
- Data analytical skills - previous experience of reporting with data!
- An attitude of getting stuff done
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- You will be expected to work 5 shifts per week, including evenings, weekends & late nights
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Annual Return Flight
- Subsidised gym membership
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- The opportunity to grow within a fast paced progressive organisation.
- Team Thursday lunches from our amazing restaurant partners and regular tasting sessions.