When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The role is an Office Manager and is based in Taiwan.
• Vendor & Budget Management - budget, sourcing, invoicing, planning and maintaining good relationship with vendors
• Provide full spectrum of administrative functions including stationary ordering, office supplies and equipment maintenance and procurement
• Conduct and document regular facilities inspections and audits, and follow up from findings
• Organize office operation and procedures
• Prepare and maintain facilities records/reports
• Maintain close relationship with vendors, service providers and partners
• Collaborate with cross functional teams such as Security, HR and IT to ensure office needs are met
• Ownership of the accounts payable function; liaising with suppliers, raising PO’s and following up on payments with our London finance team.
• Responsible for petty cash and claims, if any.
• Assisting the Country Manager and People Manager with any ad-hoc administration tasks as required.
• Degree holder with excellent command of administrative and communication skills, both written and oral in English will be a plus
• Excellent attention and possess great organizational skills
• 2+ years of experience in office admin is required
• You are a passionate colleague and enjoys good customer service.
• You are self driven, with good self management and a can-do-attitude
• Energetic, positive and smiley
• Immediately available is preferred
• Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
• Open, respectful and fun company culture
• BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
• Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
• Work with people who love what they do every day