Job title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Cannon Street, London, EC4R 3TE
Closing date: November 8th 2018
Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
We're looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our organisation, and support and delight our global community. Our products enable consumers to place orders, restaurants to receive and handle them, riders to effectively deliver them with speed, and internal teams to keep the entire process moving. This is done across a range of geographies and market situations, with a variety of challenges and opportunities in each.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll secure insights and deeply understand our users (whether they’re customers, riders, restaurants, or internal teams), our markets & the competitive landscape. You’ll develop positioning and messaging for new products & features, you’ll own the go-to-market planning, and you’ll drive demand, adoption, and satisfaction with our products. Success in this role will require the development of effective working relationships with senior leaders across product management, marketing, engineering, operations & commercial teams across Deliveroo.
You’ll ideally bring to the role a multi-disciplinary background—and be passionate about food in general, and Deliveroo in particular. If you're analytical and creative, deeply care about product and consumers, and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, then we'd love to meet you.
- Work closely with the User Research and Insights teams, and relevant tools, to build a powerful voice of the customer that can be heard throughout the product lifecycle; using it to drive actionable insights to improve our strategy and experience.
- Develop product positioning and messaging for key products and features, considering factors like the value proposition, target audience and competitive landscape.
- Create the go-to-market plan, collaborating closely with Product Management, Design, Operations, Commercial, Marketing, Comms and Data Science to build effective launch strategies, including: understanding the addressable market, setting target audience and objectives, developing compelling creative assets, and ensuring we drive awareness, engagement and adoption.
- Identify and develop product education initiatives and opportunities to ensure that our customers are always able to easily realise the full value of our products.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing organisation to ensure that our understanding of audience needs, messaging, tone of voice is consistent across all channels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical, marketing, or business discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience in B2B or B2C marketing
- Experience communicating to internal and external audiences.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Analytical and problem - solving skills experience.
- Internet or technology industry experience
- International experience
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.