Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions is our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
This role will act as the right hand person the the Managing Director UK & Ireland and will be a key member of the UK Management team, helping to build strategy and informing execution across all functions.
You will be responsible for defining the strategic and tactical approach to onboarding the requisite amount of new riders in each area as well as look after a large team which includes; rider marketing, end to end conversion, the on boarding process and infrastructure, supply/demand planning, operations performance & analytics, rider fees & incentives, live operations, rider experience/engagement, and rider support.
- Ensuring we have the right number of riders on the road at the right time, in the right place.
- Ensuring availability, reliability and efficiency of the delivery network.
- Improving the quality of fleet (optimal vehicle type mix, participation, average hours worked and tenure).
- Improving the rider experience, positively impacting rider retention.
- Establish the the best ongoing support for applicants and riders; ensure they know they are listened to and that there is a functioning feedback loop.
- The ‘face’ of our riders in the UK, including confidence engaging with press, government and the general public.
- Make Deliveroo the company to ride with – why would riders work with us rather than the competition? Know what rider sentiment is, and ensure our rider experience is best in class.
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement – e.g. optimizing network performance, calibrating rider fees, improving zone structures, reviewing efficiency in live operations and support teams, improving flow of rider application to onboarding process, reviewing efficiency of team headcount
- Analytical and strategic – able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business.
- Effective communicator - outstanding interpersonal and business skills. Able to quickly establish gravitas and credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Track record of ‘getting shit done’ - operational knowledge of the business and how it works today. Know when you have enough insight to make-a-call and apply the 80 / 20 rule – rapid high quality decisions.
- Adaptable Fixer - enthusiastic, flexible & adaptable with the ability to remove barriers & bottlenecks via facilitation, creativity & resourcefulness. Don’t slavishly follow processes if they aren’t right.
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies.
- Coach – able to coach and engage others so they can effectively prepare and lead their teams through change.
- Project Management – know the basics of managing multiple projects in a structured and logical way.
- Managing and leading a team with a diverse skillset – working with the heads of each department and their teams to give them guidance, direction, coaching and to drive results. Tie the strands of the department together and unite the team behind a common goal.
- Matching supply and demand – through targets and incentives.
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office. complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.