When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
- Deliver outstanding hands-on Project Management of new Editions sites launches, working closely with London HQ based Expansion, construction and kitchen launch teams
- Manage all Editions commercial leads, sign on the best partners and get them to launch successful virtual brands
- Lead initiatives related to any additional revenue generating channels: Editions partnerships monetization, ancillary product listings, shop in a shop listing
- Work in close collaboration with local PR team and central to ensure ongoing coverage of Editions in Australia and stunty projects
- Drive Editions commercial agenda in close collaboration with the local core Commercial team to ensure best Editions Live partner relationships and drive partners GMV maximisation
- Work closely with marketing, sales and comms team to ensure Editions live restaurants success
- Own Editions Country P&L and challenge top lines and opex to ensure profitability
- Coordinate with the local Editions Site Operations organisation
- 6+ year of Professional experience
- Significant experience in the restaurant/food Industry, launching new restaurant Brands or experience in hospitality consultancy or in restaurant ownership.
- Meaningful & successful management experience (ideally 5 years + of managerial experience with proven track-record).
- Strong track-record of hitting targets and exceeding business expectations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills, able to juggle with multiple tasks and deadline
- Fluent English; additional languages is a bonus
- Flexible to travel from time to time
- Confident to operate in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment and handle multiple priorities
- Can do attitude and strong appetite for challenge
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.