Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
The Finance & Strategy Director of Marketing, General & Administrative (MG&A) will partner closely with our CMO, CFO and Heads of Policy & Comms, Legal and HR to optimise marketing and functional performance within appropriate financial constraints and lead company wide procurement. You will have a direct impact on the future direction of Deliveroo and report to the CFO. Specifically, this role is responsible for:
- Partnering with the CMO, CFO and Heads of Policy & Comms, Legal and HR to set strategic direction
- Leading functional annual and multi-year strategic planning and financial budgeting processes including a large global Marketing budget
- Understanding and influencing business drivers including capital allocation and financial decision support
- Determining and setting appropriate targets, tracking performance and driving productivity
- Managing company wide procurement and spend effectiveness
- Leading and developing a high performing team
- 15+ years experience, most recently at a senior level, in a large international or high growth tech business
- Experience gained in marketing and commercial finance, ideally in a consumer focused marketing and/or finance function of an international business
- Successful track record operating in a hyper-growth environment, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders
- Experience of marketing attribution and measurement and functional spend effectiveness
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Inspiring and respected manager and leader
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office. complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a rooftop overlooking Tower Bridge.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.