Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
Reporting into the UK Consumer Partnerships lead, the Partnership Business Development Exec is responsible for delivering ancillary revenue. You’ll be creating opportunities for partners to get their brand in front of our customers – primarily by utilising our Deliveroo Editions sites. You’ll be building a sales pipeline, and selling commercial partnerships with brands across a range of industries (food and beverage, payment providers, entertainment brands and agencies).
The role will involve:
- Delivering Ancillary Revenue: Delivering revenue via the sale of brand activations and marketing campaigns to 3rd party companies, utilising Deliveroo owned channels and access to consumers.
- Build a pipeline: Build and manage a pipeline of partners who may be interested in investing marketing budget into Deliveroo. Use contacts to get to the right decision maker within an organisation.
- Partner development: You’ll be responsible for prospecting, managing inbounds, securing briefs, pitching and delivering revenue from new and existing partners in the UK. Using your organisation skills to manage the portfolio of leads and ensure we’re maximising opportunities to generate revenue.
- Partner Account Management: Own the relationship with external companies, understand their marketing objectives, and pro-actively pitch opportunities that align with their calendar.
- Internal collaboration: Work with internal teams to implement campaigns once signed off (commercial, legal, finance, operations, marketing).
- Develop new Propositions: Work out new and interesting ways to offer marketing solutions to partners that will help secure investment. Iterate propositions based on feedback.
- Knowledge Share: Document everything, summarise learnings and help replicate successful models across international markets.
The role requires strong business development or sales skills with a track-record hitting or exceeding revenue targets:
- Experience in sales, business development or account management
- Track-record of successful business development initiatives in a similar environment.
- Proven track record in partner relationship management
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company
- Comfortable with approaching new clients;
- Driven, hard-working, and a self-starter;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Passionate about food and restaurants;
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and go-getter
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience in shopper marketing, media agencies or media sales a plus
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.