When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Our Account Management team owns and manages our restaurant relationships. As Deliveroo continues to scale, we become a major revenue channel for restaurants - aside from providing best-in-class support, we are restaurant consultants that use data-driven insight and industry knowledge to help our partner restaurants’ grow. The AMs are a passionate, dynamic group of team players that work well together and cross functionally with other departments...and of course, they’re fun, personable, and great at building relationships!
As a Regional Account Manager your objective will be to manage the relationships with a large number of restaurant partners ensuring a win-win collaboration across the board, through a cohesive, structured approach.
And more concretely?
● You will be responsible for 1500+ partners all over Belgium
● You will place a special focus on the top 50 account by implementing the necessary actions to help them thrive
● You will be responsible for growing and educating the whole portfolio of partners, ensuring compliance with the best-in-class standards
● You will actively collaborate with the Head of Sales & AM and the rest of the commercial team
● You will be responsible for improving specific aspects of the consumer journey by tackling the occurrences of bad orders experience
● You will implement, with marketing, mass actions to make these partners visible and active
Are you the entrepreneurial and independent Regional Account Management we are looking for?
● Analytical and data-driven: must be able to identify trends, to read and interpret data, build dashboards, track results, and act upon them.
● Organized: must be able to prioritize work, organise your schedule, and get things done maintaining a flexible approach.
● Proactive and strategic: must be able to challenge the status quo, suggest new processes, drive and adapt to change, take initiatives and think out of the box.
● Good relations: must be able to build trust and deal with restaurant requests, be solution oriented, show understanding, provide solutions.
● A completed University degree, preferably in business or related (master degree is a plus).
● Extensive internship experience or a first professional experience (experience abroad is a plus)
● Trilingual - French, Dutch, English
● Solid Excel/Gsheet knowledge
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.