Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
Our People Operations team is a global team that is dedicated to supporting Deliveroo's employees. We manage the end to end employee lifecycle of our people - effectively integrate them into the organisation through on-boarding, managing and developing their career and finally helping with off-boarding with the focus of retaining a great experience of Deliveroo for the employee.
Our goal is to optimise employee experience and design an inclusive culture that our People are engaged with and proud to be a part of. The team manages all things related to People Data, Systems, Processes and Policies. We also ensure that we have the right HR compliance to meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
The person in this role will be responsible for managing a team of People Administrators to achieve operational excellence within the People Operations team.
- Support the People Systems Manager and People Operations Director to ensure business processes within the core HR system (and other People systems) are refined and maintained for optimum efficiency
- Manage day-to-day operations of the people admin function - onboarding, people changes, offboarding and enquiries
- Manage reporting to key stakeholders
- Support team of People Admins (UK and international) – ensure quality of output and provide coaching and development opportunities
- Own data input to payroll
- Support the Expenses team
- Manage organisation changes within HR systems
- Maintaining integrity of the global people data (audits)
- Assistance in wider people projects
You will have:
- Experience managing a team
- Natural leadership abilities
- A data driven mindset – strong excel skills and experience reporting to senior leaders
- Understanding of HR systems preferable (or at least experience of using them!)
- Experience of Workday
- A drive for great standards
- The ability to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the business in HQ as well as the international teams
- The ability to inspire, support and understand the interplay between people, processes and systems
- A great appetite (we love eating)
- A good sense of humour!
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.