Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team has taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too. We’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 100 cities.
Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms. We tailor specifically to these firms through our corporate business unit, Deliveroo for Business. Whether ordering into the office for a team lunch, catering for a meeting, or when working after hours, our product allows companies to give a food allowance to their employees, all while maintaining visibility and control.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be tasked with growing the Deliveroo for Business portfolio in Sydney by engaging with corporations from a range of industries. Your role will involve identifying key decision-makers and developing long lasting relationships with them.
This is a role for an intelligent, motivated, self starter to develop their sales career for a leading company within its market sector.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Business Development Manager are:
- Engaging with a range of corporations in a methodical and manner in order to grow the Deliveroo for Business portfolio
- Liaising with the Account Management team to manage corporate account requests
- Assist in the development of systems and processes to enhance the corporate experience
- Assist with general marketing activities including events, email campaigns and corporate client offers
- Playing a role in growing our corporate business as a core vertical in Sydney, including developing our corporate operations, customer service, account management and marketing capabilities
The ideal candidate has a natural commercial attitude, understands the corporate world, and is highly methodical with a strong sense of customer service. This person requires the following attributes:
- +2 years in a B2B sales role;
- Track record of achieving and surpassing aggressive sales targets. Comfortable with approaching new clients;
- Driven, hard-working, and a self-starter;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Passionate about food and restaurants;
- Desire to progress within a fast-paced startup environment;
- Experience in the professional services industry or in a corporate environment is a plus;
- Experience with Salesforce would be beneficial.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Weekly exercise class to counteract all the amazing food you’ll be eating
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.