Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The role of the Restaurants Innovation Lead is to help Deliveroo’s 44,000 restaurants gain an incremental, profitable, revenue stream by creating new brands that consumers want. This role will involve building a toolkit to identify new brand opportunities, analyse capability-fit for a restaurant, determine menu-design and pricing, and offer creative support to restaurant partners to merchandise their new brands.
The role requires close collaboration with Deliveroo’s selection team to identify where there are opportunities to grow volume outside of restaurant marketing and Deliveroo listing. This is about getting into restaurants, understanding their capabilities, as well as limitations, and supporting them with the insights or tools to drive their business.
- Identify market gaps and geographic/demographic dynamics that restaurants should capitalise on, in collaboration with the selection team
- Develop a deep understanding of restaurant capabilities and the implications of these on menu/brand design. Develop scalable ways to capture and use this information on mass
- Build a team to rapidly deploy and iterate on virtual brands across all markets. Jointly develop a sales strategy for these with Account Management teams for key accounts, and a scalable product based solution for all other accounts.
- Use restaurant understanding and brand insights to optimise existing brands
- Collaborate with the product team to provide insights to Account Managers and restaurants on how to drive their own growth
- Strong problem solving ability - the candidate should be able to break down complex problems and identify the biggest drivers of value
- Inquisitive and forward-thinking - curious, thoughtful and happy to question the status-quo. Keeps pushing for further improvements
- Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools and structured change methodologies
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- Ability to hire and build teams quickly
- Being able to sell directly to top restaurant partners
- 5+ years experience, ideally consulting or post MBA
- Experience managing a team
- E-commerce / consumer commercial experience
- Good to have: Restaurant sales experience; restaurant brand experience
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.