Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We are the leading food delivery company in 200 cities in 12 countries, and are growing fast. We are backed by over $1 billion in capital from top global investors.
We solve complex problems at Deliveroo: in real time, we connect millions of customers with 50,000 restaurants and riders to deliver food in under 30 minutes. And we constantly innovate: whether it means investing in bespoke super-kitchens to host our restaurant partners in new areas they wouldn’t venture into, launching a marketplace+ model to allow restaurant partners to use their own fleet of riders or Deliveroo’s fleet, or setting up a food purchasing ecosystem to allow our partners to leverage purchasing scale.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and determined to build the definitive good company of the future.
The role of the Head of Global Ops Strategy & Planning is that of the mastermind behind all our delivery operations. She or he will own the development of the strategy for dominating the food delivery market in every area in which we operate, and be responsible the more granular planning for making the strategy a reality.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a framework for defining market-winning customer proposition at a hyper-local level. What’s going to make us the most attractive food delivery option in Wandsworth on a Monday afternoon? How does that differ from what makes us the most attractive option in Mayfair on a Friday lunchtime?
- Provide tools and information to local markets to enable them to make the relevant trade-offs to create a market-winning customer proposition
- Design an operating model that profitably delivers the various required customer propositions (including working closely with Tech on roadmap prioritisation)
- Deliver cross-function or strategic ops projects
- Define what resources are required in terms of riders, internal headcount and cash to deliver the required customer proposition (including working with Commercial Finance to set targets)
- Develop tools to effectively deliver the requisite resource
- Conduct benchmarking (incl. externally through comp. intel.)
- Set KPI bands
- Provide analytical support to other members of the Global Delivery Ops team
- Reports to Director of Global Delivery Ops
- Adaptable with a “can-do attitude” - is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change
- A coach who genuinely cares – is able to build a team and will invest heavily in their development
- Strategic, yet pragmatic – is able to ‘think big’, yet also pragmatically to ensure changes are ambitious but achievable
- Customer-centric mindset - is able to put the customer back at the heart of operational design and planning
- Inquisitive and creative - is infectiously curious and both willing and able to innovate away from the status-quo.
- Logical, structured and data-driven - is able to use logic and data to prioritise and drive change
- Project Management – can manage multiple projects in a logical, structured and disciplined way
- Experience in operating model design
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint/Google Slides
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.