Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chow mein market and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
The Marketing team is responsible for driving impactful, sustainable growth through creating brand equity, delivering campaigns that accelerate weekly active customers, and understanding and advocating for the needs of customers, restaurants, and riders across the company. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
As our team grows, maintaining and nurturing our culture and keeping everything running smoothly is no small task. That’s why we’re looking for a passionate, highly organised and detail focused Executive Assistant to join our team.
As an Executive Assistant on the marketing team, you’ll be at the very heart of our team’s operations. You help us build a strong team dynamic and culture, ensure smooth day to day operations, and provide administrative support to the team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Help us create the best marketing organisation in Europe - with a culture known for being inclusive, fun and great to be a part of
- Plan and keep team-wide initiatives and projects on track that help us improve as an organisation - from structuring social programmes through to safeguarding our team tenets
- Nurture our community presence - you’ll arrange talks, plan conference attendance and ensure learnings are shared across the team
- Run team operations - you’ll be responsible for everything from planning team meetings, offsites and travel through to creating an amazing first-day experience for new team members
- Come up with exciting and creative ways to celebrate events and moments important to the team culture and people - such organising celebrations for birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions
- Assist our Director of Marketing with scheduling meetings, organising travel, budgeting, raising POs and other administrative matters
- Work closely with a team of EAs across the business, to ensure every day runs smoothly
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
- Are a people person and enjoy facilitating a smooth work environment for everyone
- Have experience supporting at executive level and managing multiple schedules
- Are highly proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft products
- Are comfortable in fast-paced and sometimes stressful environments with constant change
- Are organised, detailed and structured in your thinking
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days - all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.