Job Title: Product Design Intern
Location: London HQ, Cannon Street
Closing Date: 15th of April 2018
At Deliveroo, we're on a mission to change the way people eat.
To do this, we need to make products that are relatable and understandable – and that's why we need you.
Since 2013, we’ve been delivering food from the best restaurants to customers in less than 30 minutes. Backed with $475m worth of investment from the likes of Index Ventures, DST and Accel, we now operate in 100 cities across 12 countries in Europe and APAC.
The Content, Research and Design team defines how our customers, riders, restaurants and employees interact with Deliveroo’s products. Based in London, our team has a global impact, with our work reaching customers in Singapore, riders in Amsterdam and restaurant kitchens in Paris.
As a Product Designer at Deliveroo, you will be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product features across web and mobile platforms
- Invest in design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice
- Shape product strategy and vision together with product managers
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Content, Research & Design practice at Deliveroo better - such as improving our hiring process, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members, and much more
- Work in the way that works for you and what you're designing, whether that's spending time sketching or jumping straight into pixels and code
What you might work on
The products we work on are as diverse as the users we serve, and we’re fortunate to be in a company where design is a first class citizen. Design spans every aspect of our product and our operations, and during your time at Deliveroo you’ll be exposed to a number of very different areas, such as:
- Our Rider apps
- Products for our Restaurants
- Our suite of Consumer products
- Internal Tools to help us provide better customer service
- Design systems and tools
What you should bring
We value intellectual humility, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to move quickly while being pragmatic about your decisions. But above all else, we're looking for unique personalities with varied backgrounds that add something new to our team.
This role is for you if you:
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- Have an eye for great visual design execution. You care about getting things right - one pixel off is a big deal.
- Take a strategic view to everything you do - your work stands the test of time.
- Are fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you
- Have some experience working on projects and/or companies across different disciplines.
- Have a great appetite (we love eating!)
- Have a good sense of humour!
Timelines of the internship will be decided on case by case basis, depending on the individual's and the team needs.
What you can expect as an intern
We try to encourage an informal, passionate and respectful culture where you are given the trust and autonomy to do what you think is right for the company. We’re also deeply committed to continuous improvement as a team and company, so everyone’s input and contribution to making the team better is hugely valued. But most of all, we are creating an energetic and entrepreneurial working environment - no two days will ever feel the same.
- Mentorship - You will be paired up with a senior member of the team who will be responsible for your time at Deliveroo. The will be your point of contact and your mentor during your time here.
- Real product experience - You will be participating in real projects, working embedded with product and engineering teams and will be responsible for delivering and presenting your project at the end of your internship.
- Competitive pay - You will be compensated with competitive pay for your time here at Deliveroo.
- Invite to Deliveroo Design events - During the program and after you graduate as an intern, you will be invited to all future Deliveroo Design external and alumni events as a part of the Deliveroo Design family.
- Equipment you need
- An in-house gym
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Casual and fun working environment designed for productivity, with beverages and healthy snacks and free lunch on Fridays
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.