Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
Quality Control Managers aim to ensure that all products and dishes are at a high standard and meeting specifications within the Editions business. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations and you would liaise with our Food Safety auditors on a regular basis.
You may be involved in some or all of the following:
- Reviewing all kitchens quality procedures, standards and specifications including working the kitchen, expediting dishes, engagement with kitchen team observing practices. Reporting on observations and advice offered including photographs of dishes.
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met.
- Working with partners to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety.
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet required standards.
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Setting up control and documentation procedures in new kitchens.
- Work closely with Operations Managers on any food safety or quality assurance issues.
- Customer Complaint Investigation including kitchen visit, audit and reporting.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports on food quality complaints.
- Making suggestions to partners and Deliveroo for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
- CIEH Level 4 Food Safety Certified.
- Minimum 3 years restaurant or food industry experience.
- Working knowledge of quality practices and procedures and the ability to coordinate a HACCP
- Program and provide improvements.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Strong passion for great food and hospitality.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Free food and LOTS of it.
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders).
- A brand new extremely impressive and fun office complete with nap room, onsite gym, basketball court and a roof top overlooking Tower Bridge.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- An extremely fun team to work alongside!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.