Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date. We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
Reporting into the Head of Partnerships, you’ll help define the sales vision and lead the channel sales execution for the commercial partnerships team. The commercial partnerships team is focused on building out and owning a series of business services to support our restaurant partners and strengthen our restaurant exclusivity proposition.
This team is responsible for growing our packaging store, which sells best in market food packaging to our restaurants for their delivery needs, and for securing B2B partnerships across a variety of sectors that can support our restaurants.
You will be the sales lead for the commercial partnerships team, responsible for setting the sales strategy that drives adoption of the partnership offering within our vast restaurant network. You will be responsible for driving the sales growth of the ecommerce packaging store and for selling in to our restaurants the B2B partnerships that the team secures.
- Own the sales strategy for the packaging store and drive growth so we can hit aggressive sales targets
- Work with our packaging expert to understand who are our high value potential customers and put in place selling tools to drive top line growth, new customer acquisition, increased basket size and purchase frequency;
- Decide which sales tools to implement and define our quarterly plan for our calling strategy, bespoke emails and CRM campaigns to sell more packaging to our restaurants;
- Define what marketing materials and collateral we need across channels to properly sell packaging to our restaurants; work with the brand marketing team to get the collateral made
- Own the sales strategy for our commercial partnerships and drive adoption of those partnerships by our restaurants
- Work closely with our commercial partnerships managers to understand the value proposition and structure of each partnership and why it could be relevant and important to our restaurants;
- Work with the commercial partnerships managers to define the sales strategy for each partnership and set adoption rate goals and / or revenue goals for each partnership;
- Serve as the channel sales lead and make sure that restaurant account managers have everything they need to sell in the commercial partnerships to our restaurants: including running training sessions with AMs, putting in place sales tools and sales incentives and managing the adoption and revenue growth of each partnership on a weekly basis;
- Define what marketing materials and collateral we need across channels to properly sell in the partnerships to our restaurants, work with the commercial partnerships managers and the partners themselves to get the collateral made alongside the brand marketing team;
- Provide detailed sales reporting across the packaging store and commercial partnerships:
- Provide sales intelligence by carrying out routine and ad hoc reporting and analysis;
- Collaborate across various teams to align on processes and facilitating best practice sharing.
- 5+ years work experience in a B2B commercial role
- Experience managing a sales team
- Highly commercial with experience setting and driving a sales strategy
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, presentation, and project management skills
- Exhibit the ability to put in place processes that don’t already exist, question the status quo and strive for exceptional results
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry is a plus
- Ecommerce experience is a plus
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Gym onsite or highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Lots of great food!