Job Title: Global Operations Strategy Associate
Location: Cannon Street, London
Who we are
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chicken chow mein and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re four years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions – bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions is our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food-inspired challenges to sink your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too – we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and 200 cities.
What your role would be
In this role you’ll be heavily involved in solving some of the toughest and most exciting operational and strategic questions we have to answer to become the world-leader in food delivery.
We are looking for a critical thinker to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive global business decisions. You will be instrumental in identifying opportunities to improve (or radically change) our operating model and in designing scalable and pragmatic solutions to challenges we face.
You will be working in a dynamic team and reporting to the Global Operations Strategy Manager. The role is predominantly project-based, with a focus on high-impact global projects. You will work closely with Local, Central and Product teams in all areas of the business.
Qualities we’re looking for
IMPACT DRIVEN: You’ll work on high-impact global operations projects. These could include modelling the costs and benefits of various solutions to increase the marketing value of Deliveroo-branded rider kit, or designing the roll out plan for a new delivery model for riders.
ANALYTICAL AND COLLABORATIVE: There will definitely be some number-crunching and/or data modelling involved, but your role will also be about stepping back – you’ll need to see the bigger picture and understand how your insights are aligned with the direction the business is heading in. You should also be proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions.
DECISIVE AND INFLUENTIAL: You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable with making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity. You also need to make recommendations of changes, which could (or perhaps, should) be game-changing and communicate them across the business persuasively. More importantly, you must have a strong desire to galvanise action within Deliveroo. This means that you’ll need to be able to rally others around these recommendations and work with multiple teams to implement and track them effectively.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 2-3 years’ experience in consulting or a strategy-related function
- Has a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data and structure and how important these are to understanding a problem and identifying effective solutions
- Can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently and independently
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis and presenting findings and recommendations persuasively
- Is as comfortable problem solving with the CEO as they are deep in an Excel spreadsheet
- Experience as a Business Analyst/Associate Consultant (or equivalent) in a top-tier consultancy or strategy function in a top-tier corporate
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Solid Excel and modelling skills i.e., pivot tables and INDEX MATCH
- Effective PowerPoint skills in terms of speed and quality of output
- Knowledge of core SQL
- Experience in logistics or delivery services (turns out that pizza delivery job will pay off after all!)
Why work for Deliveroo?
- We’re a well-funded and rapidly growing start-up operating across the globe.
- You’ll have real impact in revolutionising the food delivery space.
- You’ll get top-notch kit; bring your own or we'll get you a shiny new Macbook, or a Thinkpad if you’re of the Windows inclination.
- HUGE office lunches on Fridays and a continuous stream of food throughout the week!
- Subsidised gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme to cancel out the above
- Deliveroo Plus – which means free Deliveroo deliveries for you!
- Our culture is energetic and entrepreneurial: we’re passionate about enabling everyone to have impact on the company’s growth and evolution, and having a lot of fun along the way.