This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Senior Compliance Officer, High-Risk Verticals
Our fast-paced 2LoD Compliance Escalations Team is looking for an experienced candidate in the area of compliance with applicable knowledge of high-risk verticals such as Gambling, Crypto-asset service providers, Securities brokerages, Crowdfunding, Lending, Money remittance or Payment instruments for its high-risk verticals unit.
In this role you will be part of a team focused on managing Adyen’s high-risk verticals portfolio. You will be entrusted to own and manage the merchant portfolio for some of the verticals listed above as well as to shape and improve our existing industry specific compliance mechanisms and controls.
As a Senior Compliance Officer in the Compliance Escalations Team, you will serve as the contact point for some of the verticals both internally within the organisation and externally in respect of regulatory bodies or partners. A successful candidate will have experience within the high-risk acquiring landscape, profound knowledge of some of the specific industries and deep understanding of the card schemes rules.
What you’ll do
- Define how to further strengthen and scale the industry specific compliance framework you own in line with Adyen’s risk appetite and the organisation’s strategic objectives;
- Lead the communication between different compliance units for the specific industries you own in order to achieve prompt results by not compromising on taking less than objectively and exhaustively informed decisions;
- As a high-risk vertical owner you will design and implement industry specific compliance mechanisms and controls in order to achieve effectiveness;
- Mentor the junior part of the team on all things compliance related to the specific high-risk verticals you are entrusted with.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience in a 2LoD function at a payment services provider or an acquiring bank;
- You have a solid understanding on how to manage the risks around part of the high-risk industries such as Gambling, Crypto-asset service providers, Securities brokerages, Crowdfunding, Lending, Money remittance or Payment instruments;
- You are familiar with the card schemes and have deep understanding of their rules and requirements;
- You are hands-on, able to take full ownership and accountability over your projects having the ability to manage your priorities;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey advice clearly and synthesise complex issues.