This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Why you should join the Regulatory team
Adyen’s Regulatory function plays a strategic role in the acquisition and management of Adyen’s permissions and licenses required to support Adyen’s commercial ambitions. As a financial technology platform operating in a highly regulated environment, Adyen is subject to ever changing laws, regulations and standards. Adyen’s regulatory team is tasked with the interpretation and analysis of complex payment and financial regulatory challenges, engaging with external regulators and strategically advising internal stakeholders on these topics.
The EMEA Regulatory team consists of a small group of international regulatory experts coming from diverse backgrounds, such as international law-firms and in-house roles at financial institutions and financial regulators. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours.
Senior Regulatory Counsel
Our dynamic EMEA Regulatory team is looking for an experienced Regulatory Counsel who has experience with the payments-, financial service or fintech industry within the EMEA region. In this role, you will help Adyen to create opportunities which sets us apart from the competition and to do that, you must have strong analytical and communication skills to provide pragmatic and strategic advice to both internal and external stakeholders on regulatory matters.
What you’ll do
- Provide strategic regulatory advice towards internal stakeholders and Adyen’s customers, in line with Adyen’s commercial and strategic objectives which allow for scale;
- Lead regulatory engagements and manage relationships with regulators and supervisors to achieve Adyen’s strategic opportunities;
- Anticipate and spot key regulatory obligations and risks, and ensure these are addressed in a practical and scalable way;
- Translate identified obligations into relevant Policies and Procedures to be communicated and implemented across the global business;
- Represent regulatory on a variety of workstreams and products to establish regulatory strategies that align with global objectives and ensure controlled and compliant growth.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years’ experience in a regulatory and/or legal function focused on payments-, financial services- or fintech industry;
- Your knowledge of the European payments-, financial services- or fintech industry is well established;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as experience in managing internal stakeholders and/or the relationship with regulators or supervisors;
- Your strong sense of initiative, independence and ability to take ownership will add value to a fast-growing business;
- You are an analytical thinker who can ideate creative solutions for complex regulatory challenges which enable business opportunities while staying in control;
- You are fluent in English and full proficiency in French or German are a plus.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.