This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Adyen is looking for an experienced AML professional to strengthen the Compliance & Regulatory Team that understands the importance of AML/CFT compliance and can help us grow our business in a sustainable way. The successful candidate will be acting as a second line AML Officer who is able to work as a business partner with a wide range of teams, in particular the first line AML Analysts and the developers who are responsible for the ongoing improvements of the AML Business Rules Framework. Also, you will advise stakeholders within the company on the (potential) ML/TF risks with regards to new and existing customers.
What you’ll do
- Build on continuously improving the AML/CFT Framework of Adyen which includes business rules and machine learning models by using a data driven approach
- Keep track of new developments around regulations and find smart solutions to mitigate ML/TF risks
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the business
- Set and review AML policy standards for our global business
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide training and workshops to build on the knowledge of AML/CFT
- Investigate unusual / suspicious transactions and report them to the relevant FIU
Who you are
- You are an experienced (3 years +) AML officer / specialist with a good understanding of AML/CFT laws and regulations and how these can impact our growing business, including both regulation from Latam and abroad
- You have extensive knowledge on the payments and or banking/finance industry
- You can use technology and data to automate and scale key processes
- You have an academic degree and preferably an AML certification
- You have excellent English and Portuguese communication skills (Spanish is a plus!)
- You are resilient and have the capacity to challenge and influence whilst remaining focused on growing a sustainable business
- You have the ability to clearly explain AML compliance and related risks, develop sound mitigation strategies and find workable solutions
- You have the ability to structure and prioritize in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive a process to completion
- You are a team player that does not shy away from taking ownership
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.