This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like eBay, GoFundMe, Spotify, Uber, Booking, LinkedIn, Wise, Microsoft, Nike, McDonalds.
UX at Adyen
Payments is a rapidly changing industry, and Adyen’s UX organization is at the forefront of building the future of payments. We ensure that Adyen stays a leader and disruptor in the global payments industry by bringing the user (whether shopper or merchant) into the center of our product and business decision making. We approach projects as an opportunity to exceed our merchants’ expectations—designing the right experiences, at the right time, the right way. The UX organization consists of Product Design, UX Research, UX Writing and UX Analytics.
We’re seeking someone with quantitative UX research expertise to help our multidisciplinary Product and Commercial teams better understand the experience and needs of customers. In this role you will be conducting primarily quantitative research, working on an array of projects across global teams.
This is an opportunity to implement and run a customer experience metric and program. Until now, the CX metric in use was the NPS, but this role will have the opportunity to define the most reliable metric and create a foundational program for the metric to be used by relevant teams across the company. Ultimately, this metric will help product, support, commercial and beyond teams at Adyen to better understand the experience that our customers are having, so that we can continuously improve it and live the Adyen core principle of “building to benefit all merchants.”
The Research Team
The Research Team is composed of 8 mixed method researchers (with specializations across the qual and quant spectrums), and a Research Operations Manager.
While the research team is centralized within the UX org, researchers partner extensively with teams across Adyen – with a wide range of disciplines including Product Analysts, UX Writers, Designers, Product Managers, Marketers, Salespeople, Operations teams and beyond to identify deep insights and communicate them across the company. The team focuses on the highest business impact projects, and contributes new ideas to products and commercial decisions that impact payment experiences around the globe. You’ll be part of a team that’s hyper-impact focused, and part of a company with a track record of applying research insights to product, commercial and operational outcomes.
As the strategic research practice at Adyen is less than two years old, this is a unique opportunity to influence and shape what quantitative UX Research at Adyen will look like and how to best infuse customer experience metrics into Adyen’s business decisions.
What you’ll do
- Generate insights that both spark ideation and evaluate experiences
- Design and conduct survey studies and a program that integrates into the product development process
- Define and implement a CX metric and program that commercial teams and beyond can use to monitor the satisfaction of our customers
- Educate teams on how to interpret tracking data, CX metrics, monitor performance, and determine user experience KPIs to track, in order to improve our services
- Independently and proactively scope out opportunities for quantitative UX data to be applied to improving the user experience
Who you are
- Naturally curious about how and why people behave and think the way they do
- A go-to survey design expert, experienced with response effects and biases
- Driven to provide stakeholders with actionable insights
- Experience analyzing with STATA, SPSS or equivalents (R, SQL and Python experience would be a strong benefit)
- Comfortable applying statistical analysis methods such as regression analyses, ANOVA’s, and t-tests
- A clear, concise and persuasive communicator of research findings
- A natural collaborator and educator eager to coach teams on applying quantitative UX methods