This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels.
Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Camper, Glovo, and Spotify. Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. Does it sound interesting?
We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges. Currently we are expanding our Financial Services engineering teams in Madrid, Adyen’s new technology hub in Europe!
What You'll Do
- You will build and maintain our distributed high-performance platform.
- We launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring code live that impacts many businesses and shoppers.
- You will be fully responsible from its initial design to bringing new functionality live.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
- As an engineer you will helping our core financial data processes and working on our finance infrastructure, to keep it scalable, reliable and secure
Who you are:
- We are looking for Software Engineers with senior experience working with object-oriented programming languages (JAVA).
- If you are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail will be great.
- Someone able to take ownership and lead a project and who enjoys writing testable code.
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts.
- We are an international team, so we need you to be full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
- Our Tech Stack:
- Java 11, Web Services (RESTful) and SQL/PostgreSQL using MyBatis (ORM), Tomcat, Gradle, CockroachDB and Elasticsearch.
- Proficient in creating performant database queries and table structures.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our formula!
If you want to dig deeper into our technology and projects check our blog.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Spain.