This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Senior Account Manager
We’re looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Account Management Team as a Senior Account Manager. As a senior member of the team you’ll be responsible for managing some of the largest global accounts on our platform, driving strategic initiatives with merchants, identifying growth opportunities and delivering on-going optimisations to the merchants. You are comfortable managing relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels, as well as engaging with executives. As an experienced individual you will find yourself acting as a coach for other members of the team, leveraging your payment knowledge and relationship management skills to support the wider team. The role is integral to our success in the UK, as we pride ourselves on providing merchants with a hands on approach to Account Management in order to deliver the world class experience that all of our merchants deserve.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a senior stakeholder, providing strategic advice to influence and fulfill the global payment strategies of our merchants;
- Drive multi channel, multi product initiatives to increase share of wallet and identify future opportunities for mutual collaboration;
- Act as the voice of the merchant within Adyen championing technical development and product innovation to meet the needs of our merchant’s ever-evolving global requirements;
- Operate in a consultative manner, sharing payment industry knowledge and information on best practices to our merchants;
- Manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives and projects in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision;
- Act as a knowledge multiplier within the Account Management Team, sharing industry knowledge, best practices and previous learning to coach and upskill the wider team;
- When required, provide technical, financial and operational support to merchants, this will underpin the roles undertaken by the central support teams.
Who you are:
- A self-starter with a proven commercial edge and strong negotiation skills. You are comfortable managing complex, global negotiations;
- A team player with experience managing multifaceted external relationships;
- A competent and effective communicator with technical awareness;
- Willingness to travel internationally to spend time with global colleagues and to meet global merchants.
- You have a minimum of 5+ years experience building external executive level enterprise relationships;
- You have a minimum of 7+ years experience in a role such as account management, product management, technical relationships management in a relatable and equally complex industry. Experience in the payment industry would be considered a strong plus;
- Fluent in English.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.