This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
At Adyen, we treat data and data artifacts as first-class citizens. They form our backbone and drive the business and product insights we generate. To this end, Adyen is looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our development team in Amsterdam, a person that understands the business context and the data needs behind it, and knows how to implement quality data pipelines on our Big Data Platform. Your pipelines will fuel stunning visuals, reports, and raw or refined datasets for internal or external use. You will be responsible for creating performant and high-quality ETL/ELTs and ensuring users have access to correct, accurate and performant data and insights. In this role, you will:
- Work with product teams, product specialists and data analysts, analyzing their data and transcribing their data needs that render into data pipelines.
- Design, develop, deploy and operate production ETL/ELT pipelines in PySpark.
- Build data products and tooling according to quality principles such as performance, code quality, data validation, data governance and discoverability.
- Establish and spread data analytics best practices across the organization.
- Organize data analytics related training sessions.
- Develop linters and other tooling bespoke to Adyen to help ensure a high-quality pipeline codebase
Who you are
- You have experience building ETLs/ELTs, ideally in PySpark and Airflow.
- You have interest in data engineering practices and product knowledge, specifically in how to leverage the power of analytics into business.
- You have a good understanding of Software Engineering practices and Data Engineering principles.
- You are able to communicate complex outcomes with clarity over a wide range of audiences.
- Technology: Python and SQL are a must.
- Mentality: An experimental mindset with a launch fast and iterate mentality. A strong statistics/mathematics background is a plus
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.