This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Payment Operations Analyst
Adyen is looking for a Payment Operations Analyst who will help maintain and advance the world class performance of Adyen’s Acquiring offering within North America. This is an essential role on the global acquiring team.
As part of your role, you will collaborate closely with the global team to manage North American payment operations. You will have or develop a mastery around all things card network related, and share your perspectives with internal teams and external merchants.
You will work closely with your peers in Amsterdam, Singapore, Sao Paolo, Dubai, and beyond to adopt/enhance global frameworks and improve automation in the heart of the business. You will also work closely with your peers in the US across several teams including partnerships, data, account management, and beyond.
This role requires a blend of skills including an analytical mindset, operational acumen, initiative management, creativity, and an overall desire to be an accelerator for our business.
This role is based in our San Francisco office and will report to the VP, Payment Partnerships and NA Acquiring.
What you’ll do:
- Own card scheme updates for North America including management of pricing/fee and rule/policy changes. This would include impact analysis, planning, merchant communications, and alignment with internal teams.
- Own scheme fee investigations and drive towards a ‘zero defect’ experience for our merchants.
- Conduct passthrough analysis to ensure an accurate 100% billing rate, and manage followthrough investigations.
- Manage downgrades / transaction processing defects on a regular basis, identify root causes, and drive towards resolution.
- Provide your expertise in discussing global payment trends, fees, rules, and regulations with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute programs to further Adyen’s strategic goals and overall positioning in key markets and segments.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with our top merchants to provide insights as needed.
- Ensure core Operating responsibilities are being fulfilled, including network reporting, certifications, etc.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of related experience in Card, Wallet, or Bank Payments. Bonus points for International experience.
- Strong quantitative / detail-oriented background (engineering, econometrics, finance, etc.)
- Experience with data analysis languages, preferably SQL / Python.
- Enjoys solving complex problems in a structured manner.
- Strong understanding of the payments landscape, with the critical thinking skills to comprehend and interpret emerging trends.
- Strong written / verbal communication skills.
- Effective and self-sufficient with the ability to operate comfortably within a complex global environment.
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you.