This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify
The User Experience Research Intern Opportunity
We’re looking for an intern with an insatiable curiosity about the behaviors, attitudes, and motivations driving people to join the rapidly growing User Experience Research Team. The ideal candidate has high motivation to broaden their research skills, get exposure to impactful end-to-end UX research, and to own research tasks across the research project lifecycle.
The UX Research Team at Adyen is a fun-loving group of seasoned qualitative & quantitative researchers that uncover needs, motivations in order to drive innovative solutions for Adyen’s diverse customers.
The Research Intern will work closely with Researchers, Product Designers, Product Managers and many other colleagues to develop skills such as:
- Setting up qualitative & quantitative research projects from scratch
- Writing discussion guides and questionnaires
- Recruiting user research participants
- Transcribing interviews for analysis
- Uncovering impactful insights from the research
- Optimizing the research process
- Presenting research insights
- Managing stakeholders
- And much more...
Who you are
- You’re currently enrolled as a student in The Netherlands and interested in breaking into the UX research field (required)
- You’re excited by complex tasks and the opportunities that ambiguity can offer
- You’re self-motivated, innately curious, enthusiastic and have great attention to detail
- You’re not shy about picking up the phone, cold-calling or approaching people you haven’t met before
- You’re available full-time (40 hours per week) starting this year for at least 5 months
- Demonstrated past experience in UX, Design, Research, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology or similar studies of the human experience is preferred
- Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation for this role
What you'll do
- Help the research team recruit participants for research
- Schedule interviews with research participants, and manage the participant experience
- Assist with research study design (such as writing discussion guides and questionnaires from scratch)
- Arrange kick-off calls with relevant stakeholders
- Transcribe and help analyze user interviews
- Collaborate with diverse teams
- Formulate and present research insights
- Own the Research Insights Library and ensure all research insights are accurately stored
- Uncover creative new opportunities to improve our research processes
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
If you still feel this is not the right role for you, please check our Senior UX Researcher role. How about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?