This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic and independent individual to join our onboarding team. You will be dealing with customer data on a daily basis, collecting and reviewing the documents, reviewing screening hits and ensuring that merchants meet the onboarding requirements in Japan. You will be engaging with the Underwriting team while collaborating with some of the biggest companies in order to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
You will be working together with different teams on several projects that will help the growth of our platform and improve customers' experience.
What you’ll do
- You will be handling operational work as well as developing strategies to optimize and improve onboarding processes
- You will collect all the relevant KYC information and review documents provided by our merchants during the onboarding stage
- You will perform KYC checks on new merchants coming onboard and perform periodic reviews on existing merchants to ensure compliance with Japan regulatory requirements
- You will provide internal support for audit, compliance and reporting activities
- You will be involved in side projects with regards to merchant onboarding
- You will work closely with Account Managers, Sales Managers, Underwriting and KYC teams
- You will contribute to the automation of processes and related tasks
Who you are
- You have 1-2 years working experience
- You understand you'll be working with confidential information and will act according to code of conduct
- You have basic knowledge of business ownership, great analytical skills and attention to details
- You pick up new information easily, take initiatives and you have a great sense of responsibility
- You have great communication skills and you are able to work independently as well as collaborate within the team
- You are interested in problem solving, process improvements and willing to take on relevant tasks that require help
- You are pro-active, curious and not afraid to speak up
- As you will be working with merchants in Japan, you are native-fluent in Japanese with business-level spoken English
- Due to border closures globally as a result of Covid-19, you must already reside in Japan and are able to work in Japan indefinitely without a work visa sponsorship
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!