This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants’ demands shape our development path, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work.
Payment Partnerships Manager
Adyen is looking for a Payment Partnerships Manager who will advance Adyen’s strategy and agenda with the global payment networks (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Unionpay), as well as local payment methods in North America. This is an essential role on the global acquiring team. The primary focus of this role is North America, but we do keep up with developments globally.
You will manage one or more of Adyen’s strategic payment partners and use your influence and tenacity to build strong inroads across their organization and ultimately elevate these relationships to a top-tier status. You will work closely with our peers in the US, alongside our teammates across the globe - primarily in Amsterdam, Singapore, and Sao Paolo.
This role requires a blend of skills including: knowledge of a variety of partnerships and stakeholder engagement models, strategic thinking, initiative management, creativity, and an overall desire to be an accelerator for our business.
This role is based in our San Francisco office and will report to the VP, Payment Partnerships and NA Acquiring.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute on a comprehensive and proactive partnership strategy with one or more of the payment networks.
- Manage all aspects of the partnership including prioritization of key focus areas, structuring / negotiation of new initiatives, and ongoing partner management.
- Elevate Adyen’s influence & positioning through facilitating joint product development, co-marketing, and other opportunities.
- Develop and execute programs to further Adyen’s strategic goals and overall positioning in key markets and segments.
- Provide your expertise in discussing global payment trends, rules, and regulations with internal stakeholders.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with our top merchants to provide insights as needed.
- Partner with product managers in the development of new products.
- Manage escalations from local and global teams, and ensure resolution with the right teams at the payment networks.
- Work with teammates globally to review the impact of Card Scheme updates, share perspectives, and seek clarity.
- Ensure core Operating responsibilities are being fulfilled, including network reporting, certifications, etc.
Who you are:
- 6-8+ years of related experience in Card-based Payments. Bonus points for International experience.
- Experience building + managing relationships with external senior business leaders and others across a partner organization.
- Deep understanding of the payments landscape, with the critical thinking skills to comprehend and interpret emerging trends.
- Strong written / verbal communication skills, and an experienced presenter.
- Effective and self-sufficient with the ability to operate comfortably and independently within a complex global environment.
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records