This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
We’re looking for a UX Writer to work alongside our passionate and creative Product Design team as an integral part of the design process. Adyen’s UX word nerds partner with product designers, UX researchers, and product managers to create content that shapes and uncomplicates experiences across our entire product offering. Payment products generally aren’t easy, but we’re on a mission to raise the bar in fintech. We strive to create products that aren’t just functional, but can be easy and educational experiences for our several thousand merchants and their millions of shoppers.
What you’ll do
- Write amazing copy across multiple product areas while implementing and contributing to scaling our overall content strategy and design system.
- Intuitively understand the needs of all types of users, and hone your ideas by seeking out user insights and team feedback.
- Present your writing choices effectively and articulate their value to stakeholders, including product designers, developers, and other writers.
- Push beyond ‘just microcopy.’ Regularly try (and fail) to use new ways of structuring, designing, and explaining content to improve the user experience.
- Spread the gospel of the Oxford comma, and always point out when it’s not used where it should be; discuss semicolons in depth.
Who you are
- You’re highly skilled in adapting the English language. You can write the same idea 20 ways, and you know exactly which 19 versions to toss out.
- You know every rule of writing, but you care more about how people actually interact with language in combination with digital design.
- Your experience proves that you are excited by complexity. You thrive when breaking down financial and technical jargon into compelling microcopy.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you spot a possible hiccup in the user experience, and you know which design or copy changes will solve it.
- You can balance multiple priorities. You see how everything fits into the full design landscape, from a subheading to a full product flow. Still, not one rogue hyphen slips past you.
- Collaboration is everything to you, and the word “ego” doesn’t appear in your dictionary.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
We offer a competitive salary, knowledge sharing internal events, exchange program to other offices, help with relocation and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level!
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the link below. We can’t wait to meet you!