This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Build and Automation Engineer
Adyen is looking for an enthusiastic new team member for its Development & Testing Tools team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of software lifecycle, tooling for continuous build, testing, integration and delivery, is motivated to optimize and scale development workflows, can diagnose and fix problems and is used to dealing with a 24/7 environment. Your advanced skills in applying development tooling and automating development workflows will be utilized on various projects and for keeping our in-house developed platform in top shape.
Your key responsibilities:
- Development: Optimize existing development workflows by reducing build times, improving code quality, analyzing and improving build steps. Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation of new solutions
- System: Design and build automated development, build and test solutions. Identify bottlenecks and improve parts of the platform to make it them more robust and scalable, embracing new technology when it has clear benefits
- Operations: Make sure the services and frameworks provided by our team are up and running. Investigate and fix failures. Take actions to prevent future failures. Answer questions from platform developers
- Team: Drive adoption of best practices in code techniques, development productivity, and code maintainability. Collaborate with engineering and infrastructure teams to come up with best solutions for the problem at hand. Be a team player because winning is more important than ego. Be open for feedback because this is the way to grow.
- Motivated and responsible team player;
- Reliable, clearly understanding the context of code;
- Eager to learn and improve;
- Self-motivated, autonomous;
- Flexible, open to new ideas.
- Ownership; think beyond the happy flow and see the bigger picture.
- Education: Academic, preferably technical background;
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development, configuring tools for continuous integration, automated code testing;
- Technologies: We use Java, Gradle, Jenkins, Jenkins DSL and Pipelines, Kubernetes, JUnit, IntellIJ IDEA;
- Location: Amsterdam based;
- Language: English.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.